PLAN FOR THE BRITISH DELEGATION.
The British Delegation will recommend the following proposals for immediate action by the British Relief Organisations.
1. Explore every method to secure a substantial Financial Grant from the British Government to assist with the maintenance and settlement of the refugees.
2. Endeavour to secure Inter Government action through the League of Nations for a scheme of settlement and for the Spanish Refugees to be brought within the scope of the High Commission Office.
3. Extend the campaign for raising voluntary funds for emigration and settlement schemes in France, Mexico, Chile, etc. In addition to the general appeal for funds, specialised work in all professions and workers organisations to extend the system of adoptions as already being carried out in London.
Example: London is running a two months' campaign to raise £3000 to cover the cost of settlement for 150 refugees. Biographies and photographs of adopted refugees have been supplied to a large number of London organisations and local committees in the Region are adopting Spanish families. This system to be extended to every region.
4. To work for the release of the prisoners of the International Brigades now in Spain.
5. To arrange for the distribution of the members of the International Brigades still in camps in France amongst all democratic countries, Great Britain to take special responsibility for the 200 Czechs, and to arrange the necessary guarantees.
6. To recommend to the Spanish Medical Aid Committee to take responsibility for providing a hospital in France for the wounded and sick refugees.
7. To extend the collection of supplies for the material and cultural assistance to the refugee camps.
(Paris Conference, July, 1939.)
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.