We the undersigned agree to join the s.s. " ZEPHYROS " at Cardiff and work under our respective capacities for a period of six months on the following terms.
1) That our wages will be fixed on the scale laid down by the Union of Greek Shipowners Circular No. 13386 of the 14th April, 1939.
2) That at the termination of our above agreement we have the option to demand discharge at a European port but if we prefer to be landed in the United Kingdom we shall have to wait until the steamer calls at a British port, for no more than two months.
3) That the Captain has the right to discharge at a European port any one with whose services or behaviour he is not satisfied.
4) Our wages will commence from the day we leave London to join the ship at Cardiff.
5) That our wages will be paid to us on completion of each round voyage, and in the meantime the Captain or Owners are not bound to advance us more than three pounds at each port. Accidents and/or illnesses will be dealt with in accordance with the English Law.
6) If the Captain is compelled by the Greek Authorities to discharge the foreign members of the crew he will be at liberty to do so and land the men at a European port, if the ship does not happen to be at a British port, and defray their travelling expenses to the United Kingdom.
7) That we shall be covered by the Owners against War Risks for ourselves and our personal effects.
London 1st March, 1940.
A. LUSI LTD.
11 & 12, BURY STREET
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.