NATIONAL YOUTH CAMPAIGN
YOUTH PILGRIMAGE RALLY - Feb. 19th.
MARCH AND ARRANGEMENTS FROM TRAFALGAR SQ. TO EMPRESS HALL
1. Demonstration will line up on left side of Trafalgar Square facing Whitehall, with the head of the demonstration opposite the police "pill box" and demonstration forming a wide circle around the walls or the square in marching formation.
2. The demonstration will march from the Square at 3.p.m. prompt proceeding down Whitehall, where a wreath will be placed on the Cenotaph.
3. The bands will not play while marching down Whitehall, and throughout the stage of the march, until we reach Victoria Station, we will conduct a Silent Demonstration. We specially request all marcher to definitely observe this, and to inform all those marching alongside them, to refrain from slogan shouting or singing.
4. The march will then continue by way of Victoria Street to Victoria Station, where all those constituting that part of the demonstration from the South-West London Band will entrain for Earls Court Station.
The main part of the demonstration will continue by way of Grosvenor Gardens, Hobart Place, Kings Road, Belgrave Place, turn right along Belgrave Sq. proceed to Grosvenor Crescent, where demonstration will halt and marchers will make their way into Hyde Park Corner Stn. to entrain for Earls Court Station.
5. A deputation of N.Y.C. committee and representatives of Pilgrims will interview Spanish Ambassador and deliver message of solidarity and support to the Spanish people in their struggle for Peace and Democracy.
6. To save time and unnecessary disorganisation at Victoria and Hyde Park Corner Stations, the National Youth Campaign Committee have arranged with L.P.T.B. to purchase 6.000 railway tickets. These tickets are on sale in the Square and we specially request that all marchers purchase their ticket, and thereby, avoid having to pass through the turnstiles individually, which would greatly impede the arrangements for arriving in the Earls Court Stadium to time.
As all those marchers constituting the last section of the demonstration, namely S. West, S. East and West London organisations will travel from Victoria Station, we ask them to definitely purchase tickets from Victoria to Earls Court Stations.
7. Tickets can be obtained from Stewards or at the Table (on left hand side of Square facing Whitehall near police Pill Box). We would suggest however that secretaries of youth organisations and leaders of Pilgrim delegations collect the necessary cash for total supplies of tickets for the number required rather than have members purchase tickets individually
Tickets from Victoria to Earls Court .... 2 1/2d each.
" " Hyde Park Corner " " 2d. "