MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE NATIONAL JOINT COMMITTEE FOR SPANISH RELIEF
14, LORD NORTH STREET, LONDON (by kind permission of Mrs V. de Bunsen) on Tuesday, September 27th, 1938, at 2.30 p.m.
PRESENT: Miss Eleanor Rathbone, M.P. (in the Chair)
Mrs Isabel Brown
Mr Ernest Brown
Mrs V. de Bunsen
Mrs de Cossio
Dr Richard Ellis
Mr G.T. Garratt
Miss Edith Pye
Mr Wilfrid Roberts, M.P.
Mr Cuthbert Wigham
Mrs C. Wood
Dr Betty Morgan (ex officio)
Mrs F. Clark -do-
Mr J.H. MacCallum Scott -do-
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Received from Her Grace the Duchess of Atholl.
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING : The minutes of the meeting of September 12th, 1938, having been circulated, were taken as read and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING ON THE MINUTES: are detailed in the items to follow.
4. EASTERN SPAIN: Discussion of this point was postponed until Mr Garratt's arrival, and is reported under No. 8 below.
5. FINANCIAL STATEMENT: The authorisation for cheque signatures was put before the Committee, discussed and amended as follows: "That the Committee's Bankers, Messrs Coutts & Company be and they hereby are, authorised to honour cheques and orders on the Committee's Ordinary, Basque Children's and Repatriation Accounts, not exceeding £50 (Fifty Pounds) in amount, signed jointly by any two of the following:
Mr Wilfrid H.W. Roberts, M.P.
Miss Eleanor F. Rathbone, M.P.
Dr Betty Morgan.
Mrs Felice Clark, "
it being considered preferable that two people should sign cheques instead of one as heretofore. For cheques of £50 and over, Mr Roberts or Miss Rathbone should sign, and cheques under £50 should be signed by any two out of the four people named. Agreed.
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, some names within this file have been redacted. While we have made every effort to comply with the Act, there may be other named individuals within this file who are still living. We will remove any names immediately we are made aware that this is the case or if any offence is caused to living relatives.