MINUTES OF A JOINT MEETING OF THE NATIONAL JOINT COMMITTEE FOR SPANISH RELIEF AND THE BASQUE CHILDREN'S COMMITTEE held at 35, Marsham Street, London, S.W.1. on Monday, September 12th, 1938.
PRESENT: Mr. Wilfrid Roberts, M.P., in the Chair
Mr. Henry Brinton
Mrs. V. de Bunsen
Dame Janet Campbell
Mr. V.J. Clarkson
Mrs. de Cossio
Mr. Leslie Dow (representing the Ipswich Committee)
Dr. R.W.B. Ellis
Mrs. Fernandez Shaw
Mr. G.T. Garratt
Mr. Christopher Hill
The Rt. Hon. the Earl of Listowel
Lady Cecilia Roberts (representing the Brampton Hostel)
Miss Jessie Thomas
Miss Dorothy Thomson
Mr. Oliver Thornycroft (representing the Worthing Committee)
Mr. MacCallum Scott
Dr. Betty Morgan
Miss Olga MacCleland
It was moved by Mr. Garratt and seconded by Mr. Thornycroft that Mr. Roberts should take the chair.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Received from the Duchess of Atholl, Miss Rathbone, Mr. Tewson, Miss Sutherland, Mr. Harries and Mr. Stokes.
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING: The Minutes of the meeting of July 26th, having been circulated, were agreed and signed, subject to an amended page 2, containing alterations in Miss Pye's report on the International Commission.
3. MATTERS ARISING ON THE MINUTES. None.
4. OFFICE ORGANISATION. The office staff, having retired, this matter was discussed by the remainder of the Committee.
5. REPORT OF FINANCIAL SUB-COMMITTEE : This was briefly summarised by Mr. Roberts as follows: When the next group of children return to Bilbao there will remain about
In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, some names within this file have been redacted. While we have made every effort to comply with the Act, there may be other named individuals within this file who are still living. We will remove any names immediately we are made aware that this is the case or if any offence is caused to living relatives.